Chicken Bacon And Pasta Bake
Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake in a Cheese Sauce
- Pasta for two
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 350g chicken breast, diced
- 3 rashers of bacon, diced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Put the pasta on to cook, and preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200C
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the onions in a little oil for 5-10
minutes, until nicely golden.
- Turn the onions down low; add the garlic and paprika and fry gently
for 1 minute
- Add the chicken and bacon, and fry until sealed.
- Add the chicken stock and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce
to a rolling simmer. You want to reduce to a thick coating whilst
making the cheese sauce.
- Make the cheese sauce: make a roux with the flour, margarine and
milk; add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine the pasta, chicken and cheese sauce in a casserole dish.
Place in the oven and cook for 20-25mins, until golden and crispy on top.